Be Prepared for a Hike
- wikiHow is the only company in the Comscore top 150 that has under 25 employees.
- wikiHow helps 100 million people every month, in 17 languages. We have ambitions to push our mission much further.
- wikiHow is located in a homey office in downtown Palo Alto, California, just 3 blocks from the Palo Alto Caltrain Station. We also have satellite offices in Portland, Oregon and Seattle, Washington.
What sets us apart?
- We value our mission over short-term goals: We take our mission very seriously.
- Our team consists of a rare breed: humble, high-performers.
- Each of us is insanely productive. Our small team of 24 people is competing with mega corporations with hundreds of employees. And beating them!
- Huge number of users + Small team = Your work will make an immediate, noticeable impact on millions of people.
“Well, wikiHow about that?”
-- The Big Bang Theory
- We love coming to work every day. Working with intelligent people to accomplish something globally ambitious is intrinsically satisfying.
- We are profitable and growing. We are self-funded. We refuse VC money on a regular basis. Investors don’t make our decisions, we do.
- Our small, cohesive team is gender balanced: 50% female, 50% male.
- We’re often wrong (and that’s OK). Making mistakes show that we are innovating. We love to innovate.
- We like walking. We even have a few treadmill desks.
- Or find us working outside on a sunny California day overlooking our own organic garden, with fresh seasonal vegetables ready to be picked or taken home.
- We all work from home once a week. We don't think working long start-up hours is productive or healthy. We work hard and productively, then go enjoy rich lives outside of work.
- We like to share. We develop open source software and Creative Commons licensed content.
- We pay top performers well.
- We are better in person than on TV. We're delightfully quirky (but you probably figured that out already).
wikiHow is not hoping to be acquired or looking for a quick financial exit. We're already profitable, financially stable, and we all love working here, so we aren't in a rush to sell out. Selling might mean the end to a product that we all love working on. It is an amazing feeling to work on such a popular, high-impact product! That amazing feeling makes us smile when we wake up every day. If all of this sounds appealing to you, we encourage you to apply. If this is a bummer, then that’s okay too, we probably aren't the best fit for you right now, and that’s totally fine!
• 401(k) Plan with Company Match*
• Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
• Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
• Continuing Education Reimbursement
• Paid Time Off and Holidays
• Downtown Palo Alto
• Transportation Plan
• Gender-Balanced Team
Other jobs may be available. Apply by sharing your resume and cover letter over Google Drive to jobs@wikiHow.com.
Tip: While we can't guarantee it will get you an interview, our free cover letter course might help you stand out.
Just want to help wikiHow? Volunteer.