If you’re an athlete or a bodybuilder, you may have heard of clenbuterol. Clenbuterol is a drug widely used by bodybuilders as a weight-loss supplement. Because of its tricky legal status in many countries, the only way to stay safe while buying clenbuterol is to have it prescribed to you by a doctor. After you’ve bought it, you can safely take clenbuterol by sticking to the proper dosage and taking active steps to mitigate the drug’s harmful side effects.
Method 1 of 2:
Taking the Right Dosage in a 2-Week Cycle
1Start with a dose of 20 micrograms a day. This is a common dosage that usually works for most people, especially beginners who have never taken clenbuterol before. If your clenbuterol comes in tablets, a 20 microgram dosage is equal to 1 .02 milligram pill. X Research source
- Be sure to talk to your doctor before beginning clenbuterol to make sure this is the right dosage for you.
- Although clenbuterol comes in both liquid form and pill form, the vast majority of users opt to take it as a pill out of convenience.
2Increase your dosage by 20 micrograms every day for the first week. Increasing your dosage slowly will allow your body to adapt to the drug and hopefully prevent some of its side effects. However, do not increase the dosage if you begin to feel a lot of discomfort, such as intense jitters, heart palpitations, or painful cramps. Always listen to your body and avoid pushing it too far. X Research source
- For example, your dosage on the 2nd day of your 2-week cycle should be 40 micrograms, the dosage on the 3rd day should be 60 micrograms, and so on.
- Keep in touch with your doctor throughout this week to make sure your dosages remain safe and healthy for your particular bodily health.
- Note that you will likely experience some uncomfortable side effects for the first 3-4 days, especially as you increase your dosage. This is normal, although you should definitely stop increasing your dosage if the side effects remain uncomfortable by the fifth day.
- By the seventh day, your dosage should be 140 micrograms. Do not exceed this dosage.
- If you’re a woman or are relatively lightweight, you probably should not take more than 120 micrograms in a day.
3Decrease your dose by 20 micrograms every day for the second week. On the 8th day of your cycle, reduce your dosage to 120 micrograms, which is 20 micrograms lower than your highest dosage. Continue decreasing the dosage until you are no longer taking clenbuterol at the end of your 2-week cycle. X Research source
- Slowly decreasing your dosage in this way helps reduce the risk of adverse side effects and also makes you less likely to develop a dependency on the drug.
4Avoid taking more than 140 micrograms in a day. Dosages higher than 140 micrograms can lead to serious and potentially fatal health consequences. If you take more than 140 micrograms in a single day, seek medical attention immediately. X Research source
- Women are generally advised not to exceed 120 micrograms in a day.
5Refrain from taking clenbuterol for the next 2 weeks. After you’ve completed your 2-week cycle, you need to give your body 2 weeks off of the drug to rest and become desensitized. After this 2-week resting period, you can start another clenbuterol cycle if you wish.
- Do not use any other fat-burning supplements during this 2-week resting period.
Method 2 of 2:
Mitigating Common Side Effects
1Start out with a low dosage to avoid feeling too jittery or anxious. “Jitters” is the most commonly reported side effect of clenbuterol, due to the fact that the drug is a stimulant. However, by starting with a low dosage and increasing the dose size gradually, your body will best be able to adapt to the drug over time and avoid the type of tremors that come from taking too much at once.
- 20 micrograms a day is a good low dosage to start out with.
- After the first 3-4 days, you should largely be free of any jitters or anxiety that come from taking clenbuterol.
2Ask your doctor about using taurine and potassium supplements. Clenbuterol reduces the amount of taurine and potassium naturally produced by the body, which can result in painful muscle cramps among some users. Taking taurine and potassium supplements can help you maintain a healthy level of these nutrients in the body and prevent muscle cramps while on clenbuterol.
- Make sure you talk to your doctor before taking any supplements along with clenbuterol.
- You can buy taurine and potassium supplements at any vitamins and supplements store.
- Eating bananas and sweet potatoes while on clenbuterol can also help you to maintain adequate potassium levels.
3Drink around 2 litres (68 fl oz) of water each day to avoid becoming dehydrated. Clenbuterol tends to make you sweat more, in addition to any sweating you do while exercising, which makes you more susceptible to dehydration. Drink water regularly throughout the day whenever you feel thirsty to avoid the negative side effects of dehydration.
- These side effects can include headaches, fatigue, and muscle cramps.
4Take your clenbuterol dose in the morning to avoid insomnia. Because the drug is a stimulant, taking it late in the afternoon or evening may cause you to have difficulty falling asleep. For most people, the drug’s effect on their ability to sleep tends to go away over time.
- Consider using an over-the-counter sleep aid, such as a melatonin supplement, if you experience insomnia while taking clenbuterol. Be sure to talk to your doctor first before taking this supplement.
5Get regular checkups to keep an eye on your heart health. Clenbuterol produces a number of heart abnormalities and illnesses over time in many people, such as arrhythmia and high blood pressure. Consult with your doctor at least once a week to make sure your heart is in good health while taking clenbuterol.
- If you feel like you’re experiencing heart palpitations at any point while on clenbuterol, seek medical attention immediately.
6Refrain from using clenbuterol for longer than 12 weeks. In addition to the potentially harmful impact it can have on your heart, clenbuterol can also be addictive, since it contains dopamine. Stick to using clenbuterol in short cycles that never exceed 12 weeks in order to avoid building up a tolerance to the drug that will make it harder for you to get off of it. X Research source
- Keeping your cycles short will also prevent your body from building an immunity to the drug, which would make it ineffective as a weight-loss supplement.
- Note that therapeutic drugs containing clenbuterol in the United States are not sanctioned by the Food and Drug Administration.
- Clenbuterol has many side effects and direct impacts on the body that may be dangerous for some users. Do not take clenbuterol if you have a heart condition or other serious medical issues.
- Pregnant women should not use clenbuterol.
About This Article
To take Clenbuterol, first talk to your doctor to get a prescription. Once you’ve been prescribed the drug, start with the dose recommended by your doctor, which is usually about 20 micrograms. If your doctor allows it, increase your dosage by 20 micrograms every day for the first week, which will allow your body to adapt to the drug. Just keep in mind that you may experience some side effects like jitters, heart palpitations, or cramps. If your side effects are really uncomfortable, stop taking the Clenbuterol and talk to your doctor. After the first week, decrease your dose by 20 micrograms every day for the second week. Once the second week is over you’ll want to take 2 weeks off before starting another cycle, which will give your body time to rest. To learn how to prevent common side effects while taking Clenbuterol, read on!